Things I Really, Really Want To Do

  • finish the kiddos flannel PJ pants
  • complete the scarf I promised Karen
  • make a diaper cake that is decorated with baby things I have made
  • get around to making my pumice foot scrub soap and peppermint lotion bars
  • design my own bag!!!
  • make facebook page for oliveowlcreations
  • get some sort of inventory so we can post stuff in our etsy shop

Completed Projects

  • new blog header
  • applique of an owl
  • changing pad to match diaper tote for those unavoidable nasty public restrooms
  • complete 1st paid order of key fobs
  • toddler diaper tote for Michael so I can stop lugging a diaper bag
  • lunch bag for Stasia to take to school
  • minky lined bag/case for my netbook
  • messing with zippers by making small change purses
  • perfecting the key fob :)

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Not to sound like a win-o...

  Sooooo...aside from enough coffee to keep both caribou & starbucks in business singlehandedly, my hubby and I also enjoy wine...lots of it. I'm not saying we drink to excess just that we like to pop a bottle open every so often (not our fault that happens to be QUITE OFTEN, lol)

  Anywho...when we first started dating in 2004 and I discovered our mutual love of fermented grapes, I made an almost unconscious decision to save the wine cork from our 1st bottle of wine together. Well come to find out that 1st bottle of wine was far from our last to be had together and I (not so unconsciously) kept the cork from every bottle we shared together. Needless to say after 6 years (even with a few lost along the way) I had quite a collection of wine corks  :)

  A few years ago I found a clearanced very large shadow box at hobby lobby with broken glass and of course I bought it not having a clue what to do with it...then it hit me and *BAM* new "cork" board (literally) for my kitchen filled with a myriad of memories of some of our most cherished, QUIET times as a couple...as wine is normally uncorked after kiddos are in bed, lol
gotta love the one in the lower middle...and yes! that was from a real bottle of wine, lol

1 comment:

  1. This looks really cool. I love the BIG ASS. My husband and I love wine too but I never think to keep the corks but then I see something like this or cute little stamps and I think man I need to keep them. Actually my parents keep theirs and whenever my siblings and I go home we have cork fights and hide them in our luggage.
    Great idea. Thanks for sharing Hammer & Thread

    ReplyDelete